The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
For right now, my only goals are to finish Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa, which I should be able to do very easily, and get at least a third of the way through Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. If I could finish up a third book (but which one? I have so many early June books that I’m struggling to choose from), I would be pretty happy.
Monday, May 13th Progress Update
- I finished Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa! (and it was OH so good)
- I switched from my paperback copy of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell to a Kindle version and it’s been so much easier to read. I’m at 19% now, so that’s good progress on my 35% goal (remember, this is a lonnnnng book).
- I need to choose between a few books for another read. I get a little panicky unless I have two books going at once.
Tuesday, May 14th Progress Update
- I got a wee bit further (21%) in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Not quite as far as I would have liked, unfortunately.
- But I did start another book, which was just an added goal. Now I’m kind of hoping I can finish it by week’s end. I’m just on page 35 of The Last Summer of the Camperdowns, but it’s great so far.
- Actually, I started two new books. I found my library card, which had fallen off my car keys about two weeks ago. I hadn’t been in too much of a hurry to get it replaced because I’m swimming in books right now, but as soon as I found it I floated over to see what I could download. My library card chose Tiny Beautiful Things and I’m in love after the introduction.
- Spent a little bit more time catching up with blogging than reading today, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I put the finishing touches on my review of Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa before the wonders of the story escaped me.
- I creeped ahead in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, but just to 23%.
- Before I went to bed, I was sucked into The Last Summer of the Camperdowns and read to page 75.
- My parents came in from out of town, and much like I expected my reading went out the window. It’s something I’m totally okay with, though, because I’m loving spending time with them. I was able to get about 20 pages read in The Last Summer of the Camperdowns, though.
- Another wonderful family day with a bit of reading in the morning. I managed to get to page 126 in The Last Summer of the Camperdowns, even though it was not originally one of my goals. I’m starting to let Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell slip, mainly because it’s pretty tough to read in small bouts, which is all I seem to have this weekend.
- I read about 5% of Tiny Beautiful Things, but that was the extent of my reading for the day. Still very little reading time this weekend, though tomorrow morning should give me a few hours. It’s not technically reading, but I was able to snag some great used books while out with my parents today!
- I spent much more of my time today with Tiny Beautiful Things (I was able to get to 15%) and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (25%). So, that means I made my goal of finishing Three Lives of Tomomi Ishikawa and though I didn’t quite get a third of the way through Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, I’m almost halfway through The Last Summer of the Camperdowns and started another book. My biggest goal, though, was to balance out the time I knew I would lose this weekend toward the beginning of the week, which I think I was able to do.