It’s almost here! In just a few short days we’ll be hunkering down for Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. This is now my third time participating, so I’ve started to figure out the best way to get the most out of the day: shorties and graphic novels, kids! This is a marathon, not a sprint – but we can break it up and make it a bit easier with smaller reading bits.
So, along with two short novels I grabbed for my TBR Pile Challenge and three graphic novels I had ready to read here at home, I also made a trip over to NetGalley and picked up a new graphic novel, This One Summer, just for this event. Here’s the stack!
- Dear American Airlines by Jonathan Miles (TBR Pile Challenge, 180 pages)
- I Married You For Happiness by Lily Tuck (TBR Pile Challenge, 208 pages)
- The Forgotten Man: Graphic Edition by Amity Shlaes (graphic novel)
- Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang (graphic novels)
- This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki (graphic novel)
Will I get through all of them? Probably not, but it’s always good to have a few extras in case you encounter a flop. Just a few days to wait! If you’re looking for some book ideas for the Readathon, I made a list of (non-graphic) novels under 250 pages that will be up on the Readathon site today.
I’ll be helping y’all stay awake as a Readathon co-host and hosting a mini-challenge here on the blog, so prepare to see quite a bit of me here and on Twitter (@rivercityreadin) on Saturday!
Are you taking part in the Readathon? What are you planning to read?