Knowledge is Power: Know How Bond and Bail Differs?

The terms bond and bail in many cases are applied as though they imply the same meaning but are a bit different. Although the two are an approach for any individual to be discharged from prison time while awaiting trial, bail is the amount of money arranged by the court (particularly a judge) that the individual should pay. Bond or bail bonds is an assurance in the form of cash paid for by a bond company or the bail bondsman, usually employed by the accused, at times demands for a guarantee to acquire.

VIDEO: What’s the difference between bond and bail?

Although some states tend not to permit bail by a bond company, there are states that allow this. Check with your local government if a bond company is allowed to pay bail on your behalf. This method normally entails the accused having to pay the bond company a specific percentage from the overall total, after which the business will pay the whole total arranged by court around the assurance that the accused will show up in court appearances with the concept that the cash is returned by the court when the case had been resolved.

For Example. For a bail bond of $20,000 paid to the court, the bondsman receives 10% of the amount which is $2,000. The question is who gets the remaining 90%?

An accused individual pays the bondsman fee, usually 10% of the bail set by the court. The bondsman pays the required bail in full. Once the court case is completely resolved, that funds are delivered back to the bondsman. Typically the court only will keep the cash if the accused individual run away and do not satisfy the orders set by the court. If the individual accused is absolutely not found, detained, and delivered back to court on time for the hearing, the bondsman will use all resources to find the accused to recover all loss.

Scroll Up