Thanks for stopping by River City Reading! Sadly, grad school is taking up a big chunk of my reading and reviewing time lately, so I can only accept a small number of pitches and will respond to those that best fit my interests. Please take some time to look around and get a feel for the general content of the site. If you are a publicist or agent with a title you would like to see reviewed on River City Reading, feel free to contact me. While I can’t promise to review every book that comes my way, I do carefully consider how each title I read can fit within the River City Reading’s content.
Books I Fall Hard For
- offbeat, uniquely structured literary fiction
- dark, gritty Southern fiction
- multi-generational family sagas (several continents!)
- fiction that challenges established viewpoints
- nonfiction with a focus on history, feminism, politics or social justice
- stories from diverse voices
I AM Accepting for Review
- contemporary/literary fiction
- most nonfiction
- short story/essay collections
- graphic novels
I Am NOT Accepting for Review
- YA/new adult
- light women’s fiction
- religious titles
I am not currently accepting review requests for self-published books or participating in blog tours.
The books reviewed on River City Reading have been purchased or borrowed unless noted in the post as being sourced by an author, publisher or outside company. Unless otherwise stated, I have not received any monetary compensation in return for a review and/or endorsement. Receiving an advance copy in no way affects my review. Some of the images in the River City Reading logo were designed by Freepik.